PLEASE READ BEFORE GETTING STARTED:
Welcome to the Preparing for Wildfires with Firescaping Master Gardener Training. Thanks for your interest in the training. The ultimate goal of this project is to increase southeastern U.S. homeowner and community wildfire preparedness through Extension programming. To achieve this goal, we created an interactive training for both Extension educators and Master Gardeners on fire-resistant landscaping, or firescaping. Our main objective is training Master Gardeners so they can share firescaping information with their communities, but to train Master Gardeners we realized we also need to "train the trainers," and that is exactly who this online training is for: educators. As a result, the main components of this project include:
- This online training for Extension educators (this prepares the educator to teach or host the training) and
- A training toolbox (this contains all materials necessary to teach or host the day-long, in-person Master Gardener training).
How to start? Follow these steps before doing anything else:
- First set up a free account to access the course through the "Getting Started" tab (see above section).
- Next, watch the introduction video below.
- Then, read the online Training Instructions PDF below prior to beginning the course. Please note there is an order for completing the online educator training and this is detailed in the instructions. All online components must be completed to access the training toolbox.
The online training, in its entirety, will take approximately 4 1/2 hours to complete. To more easily navigate the course (and not get lost on the course website), use the "bread crumbs" in the top left corner of the screen to navigate back to other parts of the course. These bread crumbs will appear on all pages. Enjoy!
For more information about this course, please contact Holly Campbell, Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org